One of the most common issues today is the Fibromyalgia, and it is affecting from 3 to 5 million people, or to be more precise, 1 in every 5 people are dealing with it.
This is a syndrome that is followed by debilitating pain in the whole body. Besides that, if you are having chronic muscle pain, that doesn’t mean you are dealing with fibromyalgia because this issue has other symptoms too.
However, if you are constantly dealing with muscle pain, you need to take a look at the list of symptoms of this issue below, and see if you have some of the other symptoms. In that case, you will need to find a treatment or simply visit a specialist.
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
Digestion and Stomach issues:
- Frequent urination
- Abdominal cramps, nausea, pelvic pain and bloating
Body and Muscle Tissues:
- Muscle Twitching
- Morning stiffness
- Mild to severe pain in certain body parts
- Lumpy and tender breasts (Fibrocystic breasts)
- Irregular Heartbeat
- Pain that is very similar to the one during a heart attack
- Valve issues
Sinus and Allergy issues:
- Thick Mucus
- Ringing Ears
- Earaches and itchy ears
- Shortness of breath
- Post nasal drip and runny nose
- Sensitivity to yeasts and molds
- Grinding teeth
- Muscle twitching during your sleep
- Feel like falling down during your sleep
- Feeling lethargic and tired every morning, and having difficulty sleeping
Sensory Problems and Sensitivity:
- Sensitive to noise, light, smells, climate, pressure changes, and temperature
- Difficulty with seeing in low lighting and driving at night
Nails, Skin, and Hair:
- Curved nails or overly-ridged nails
- Hair loss
- Skin that appears mottled, scars easy or bruises
- Tingling or burning in the upper limbs
- Poor balance and coordination
- Difficulty pronouncing familiar words and language impairments
- Recognizing familiar surroundings and direction difficulties
- Concentration issues, zoning out, short-term memory, and unable to differentiate color shades
- PMS or other menstrual problems
- Loss of libido
Mental Health issues:
- Anxiety, panic attacks, and depression
- Irritability with no reason and mood swings
Some other symptoms:
- Family history
- Vision Changes
- Migraines and Headaches
- The sweats
- Chocolate cravings and carbohydrate cravings
- The sweats
- Unexplained gaining or losing weight
But be aware that all of these symptoms are not specific, therefore they can be caused by other health issues as well, so don’t panic if you experience some of them.
This condition is also very hard to diagnose because it can be easily mistaken for some other issues. Also, there are still no fibromyalgia tests that are specific and that prove it 100%.
For someone to be proved or diagnosed that he is dealing with fibromyalgia, he needs to face the criteria that were set by The American College of Rheumatology:
- Pain that was felt in all 4 body quadrants for at least three months.
- 11/18 tender points, with pain, felt when palpated.
- Negative results on any other tests for some other diseases.
- For diagnosing fibromyalgia and ruling out every other condition, experts are using a set of diagnostic tests, like the following:
- Rheumatoid Factor
- Anti-cellular Antibody (ANA)
- Complete Blood Count
- Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR)
- Thyroid tests