Consuming fresh fruit and vegetables is often related to low risk of different diseases and conditions. Eggplants are not the most popular vegetable, but they are nutritious and great for our overall health.
According to nutritionists, eggplants should be consumed every day thanks to their rich nutrient content, which includes vitamins and minerals as well as fiber, nasunin and chlorogenic acid. The vegetable will reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes, obesity and premature death, while improving your overall health.
Here are 8 reasons why you should include more eggplant in your diet.
- Consuming eggplants regularly will prevent blood clots thanks to the vitamin K and bioflavonoid content.
- Eggplants can lower your bad (LDL) cholesterol if cooked properly. You should never fry them – always eat eggplants baked.
- Thanks to their rich fiber content, eggplants will protect your digestive system and improve your digestion.
- Consuming eggplants regularly will improve your blood circulation and nourish your brain thanks to the phytonutrients they contain, which are mostly present in the skin of the vegetable.
- Consuming eggplants will regulate your blood sugar levels and control diabetes due to the low carb and high soluble fiber content.
- The vegetable can regulate your blood pressure due to the high flavonoid content.
- Eggplants contain the right amount of iron, calcium and other minerals required by the body.
- Consuming eggplants is great for reducing weight as they have almost no calories (35 per cup). They also don’t contain fat and are rich in fiber which makes them an ideal weight loss food.